Volunteer With Acacia Adult Day Services
Acacia Adult Day Services, established in 1979, is a non-profit agency in Orange County, California dedicated to improving the quality of life for vulnerable older adults, persons with dementia or other disabilities and their families by providing expert, supportive care in an inviting and interactive setting.
Help assist adults and persons with dementia or disabilities maintain independence.
Help provide services that promote health and wellness through a diverse range of on-going activities.
- Assist with cognitive activities such as Jingo, Current Events, Pictionary, Quizmo and more
- Assist with outdoor physical activities such as Golf, Ring Toss, Lawn Dice, Nature Walks, Scavenger Hunts and more
- Help with computer activities
- Serve lunches and observe dietary restrictions
- Escort participants to their in-house physical or occupational therapy sessions
- Escort participants to the door for arriving transportation
- 1:1 Mentoring
- Arts and crafts projects
- Work in the garden and assist participants with planting and upkeep
- Help participants prepare ingredients for Cooking Classes
- Help with mailings for special events and our newsletter
Clothing: Business casual. No short skirts, torn clothing or tank tops.
Shoes: sturdy, non-skid closed toed shoes
A current TB clearance is required.
Minimum Age: 17
Volunteer hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
We welcome your calls and invite you to schedule an informal tour. Thank you for considering Acacia Adult Day Services!