STEPS TO ADMISSION
- Contact one of our Social Workers to receive information about our programs at Acacia. At that time you may also schedule an appointment to tour the center.
- During your tour, the Social Worker will explain the levels of care and services available within each program, discuss how the cost of services are covered, and review the admission process and necessary paperwork.
- A History and Physical/Health Record Form including a current TB screening completed by the potential participant’s primary physician is needed to begin the enrollment process.
- Social Worker will help coordinate a face-to-face evaluation with the applicant’s managed care provider.
- Once completed, health forms and other signed documents are returned to the Social Worker.
- The Social Worker will arrange a home visit with a potential CBAS or Adult Day Health Care participant.
- Acacia’s Health Team will review the health record and information received in the social work interview and home visit to decide which program meets the potential participant’s needs. The managed care provider determines days of attendance based on medical and social needs of participant.
- Upon approval, the Social Worker will:
- Schedule a start date and hours of attendance based on family/participant needs and availability.
- Review transportation options and assist with applications if necessary.
- Complete the financial arrangements.
“Thank you so much for your dedicated work with all you clients, especially my mom. My family is so lucky to have Acacia as a resource. We could never thank you enough!”
– Family Member 2015
“I just wanted to express my sincere appreciation to you and every one of the excellent professionals at Acacia. You have been a huge benefit to my entire family. Mother’s condition was making it more and more difficult for us to provide the ever increasing attention she needed at home. Acacia was the answer to our prayers.
Every member of the staff is bright, cheery and willing to help in any way they can. They are sincerely interested in her individual needs and are proactive in meeting those needs. The facility itself is beautiful and safe. It is a wonderful and positive environment for my mother. I also wanted to thank you personally for the conscientious way you helped me through the approval process. You made it smooth and easy to comply with the required procedures every step of the way.”
– Happy Family 2014
“Thank you for caring for my mother with such love and compassion. You may never know here on earth how much you impacted her life, but one day you will receive your reward in heaven. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
– Grateful Daughter 2015
“…I have had to reduce my teaching position by 50% in order to provide better care and assist with the responsibilities he is not able to handle anymore. Watching his physical and mental health deteriorate is painful for me, so work is a good distraction. With Acacia’s support, I’m able to continue teaching knowing my husband is in a safe place where his needs are being met. Acacia provides an inviting and interactive environment where he can still feel independent. As a caregiver, when I find I need a break for myself, his participation at Acacia has made it possible. I have even attended helpful support groups with others in a similar situation. Acacia has really taken care of both our needs.”
– Thankful Wife 2014