As a volunteer, you are one of the center’s most valuable resources. You help Acacia provide essential supportive services to those in the community who choose to attend here. We appreciate your generosity and commitment in accepting this responsibility. Acacia takes great pride in all volunteers that perform service to the agency.
- Assist with activities
- Morning escort host/hostess
- Assist with food service
- Provide a special interest program
- Opportunities for clinical experience rotation
ACTIVITIES Volunteer Description
Help assist adults and persons with dementia or disabilities maintain independence. Help provide services that promote health and wellness through a diverse range of on-going activities.
- Assist with cognitive activities
- Assist with outdoor physical activities
- Serve lunches and observe dietary restrictions
- Arts and crafts projects
- Help in the garden and assist participants with planting and upkeep
- Provide a specialized program based on your talent
- Help with mailings for special events and our newsletter
Shifts available: 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
MORNING ESCORT HOST/HOSTESS Volunteer Description
Volunteers are needed and appreciated in greeting and escorting our participants from their arriving transportation into the activities area. This will require assisting those with walkers and also pushing wheelchairs.
Morning shifts are available 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Monday, Thursday, and Friday.
ASSIST IN FOOD SERVICE Volunteer Description
Responsibilities may include:
- Help with set-up, service, stocking and clean-up of breakfast items
- Assist with preparation of the breakfast and afternoon snacks according to Food Program requirements
- Basic cleaning of equipment and surfaces
- Help with inventory, organization, and restocking of supplies
- Help with set-up, service, stocking and clean-up of lunch items
Persons in this position:
- Stand, bend, stoop, reach overhead, twist, and walk as needed
- Push, pull, lift and carry when needed, e.g. filled food pans, serving trays, food carts, boxes, supplies, and bags of trash
- Work indoors in a small kitchen environment
- Have daily direct contact with a large group of volunteers and clients
Morning and afternoon shifts are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Human Services
- Human Development
- Health Science
A current TB clearance is required. Must be within the last year
Minimum Age: 17
Shoes: closed toe shoes required
We welcome your calls and invite you to schedule an informal tour. Thank you in advance for considering Acacia Adult Day Services.
Questions? Contact Debbie Kaiser, Community Resource Coordinator, 714-530-1566 ext 238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.